HHVM 4.95 is released! This release marks the end of support for 4.87; HHVM 4.88–4.94 remain supported, as do the 4.56 and 4.80 LTS releases.
(Note: HHVM 4.89 and 4.90 were skipped.)
- Fixed an issue where overriding a type constant from a parent class/interface could cause a runtime error even if the code passed the typechecker (example).
- Fixed various typechecker error messages incorrectly refering to a type constant as “property”.
- The SOAP extension now supports proxy authentication (new options
- The builtin function
debug_backtrace()now returns arguments (the
'args'key in the returned array) in a
- Return type annotations were added to various
DateTimemethods (matching what these methods already returned). This may reveal previously hidden typechecker errors.
- Calling a function or method “dynamically” (e.g. calling a function/method
whose name is stored in a variable) will become more restricted in the future.
- See previous announcement for more details.
- This release adds a new builtin function
dynamic_meth_caller(string $cls_name, string $meth_name)that should be used to call instance (non-static) methods dynamically.