HHVM 4.48 is released! This release marks the end of support for 4.42; HHVM 4.43–4.47 remain supported, as do the 4.8 and 4.32 LTS releases.
- If a non-abstract class contains an abstract method, report the error at the
location of the class name (where the
abstractmodifier should be), instead of at the function declaration.
- Some error code suppressions apply to line ranges, instead of nodes.
hackfmtwill now ignore any code in such a range, as formatting it could un-suppress errors.
- If a file generated by
hack-codegenis partially generated,
hackfmtwill only format the manual sections.
hackfmtwill not modify files containing
- Updated and clarified error message for private methods - now “must be public or protected”, previously (incorrectly) “Access type […] must be omitted”.
hh_client lsp --confignow accepts
.hhconfigsettings, in addition to
- Error for unitialized members now suggest making the property “nullable” instead of “optional”, to avoid confusion with shape terminology.
- Suggest using
$x is SomeEnumif an exhaustive switch statement contains a
- The CLI client/server protocol version has changed; if you have configured CLI client/server and deploy them separately, this may lead to fallback to standalone CLI mode.
- It is again an error to have a default case in exhaustive
switch ($enum)blocks; while the enum is not enforced at runtime, we feel this behavior is better as it raises an error when the enum is expanded but switch statements are not. Note that a switch statement that does not match (no matching case, no
default) are still expected to throw an exception in a future release, or now with the
HHVM_VERSION_IDis of the form
XXYYZZ; if you are extracting parts, please use the
disable_partial(will be renamed
disable_modesshortly) - a boolean flag that disables partial mode (and all other modes!) from Hack completely. Comments after the
<?hhare just comments, and non-hhi files are inherently strict. The default value will be false for the foreseeable future.