HHVM 4.7 is released! This release will be supported for 6 weeks, and HHVM 4.2+ remain supported. This release marks the end of support for HHVM 4.1.
- the typechecker has a new type inference engine; this leads to errors being raised in more cases due to better type information. If code is intentionally unsafe, this can also lead to errors moving, so suppression comments may need to be moved.
\HH\global_key_exists(); in these can be used in combination with
\HH\global_set()as a replacement for
$_GLOBALS; these are currently undocumented, and we aim to resolve this shortly.
- await-as-an-expression is now supported in XHP expressions
- improved handling of EINTR in hhvm-hackc and hh_client-hh_server communication
- added HHI definition for various request tracing functions in the
- the typechecker’s new inference can lead to more errors, or errors in different locations.
- Corrected capitalization of
enddeclare()are no longer supported
- it is no longer possible to reference type
empty()is no longer supported;
hhast-migrate --empty-expressioncan be used to replace
(!$expr ?? false)in HHAST 4.6.1 under HHVM 4.6