HHVM 3.19 is released! This release has some exciting new experimental features. Packages have been published in the usual places; see the installation instructions for more information.
Noteworthy changes include:
- Const Array support. This adds support for PHP’s const arrays.
- Retranslate All (Experimental): This is disabled by default, and will most
likely be enabled next release. Retranslate all the profiled code into
optimized translations after a reaching a threshold number of requests.
Retranslate all replaces a piecemeal retranslation process as individual
functions reach a profiling threshold. Retranslate all speeds up warmup, and
allows us to make better decisions during optimization (particularly
inlining). You can enable retranslate all, and set the request threshold
using the runtime option
- CLI server mode (Experimental): This allows you to create a server on your machine that you use to run CLI scripts. This is beneficial as the translation cache can be preserved between script runs. In other words, you won’t have to wait for the script to JIT if you have already run it. More information is available on the docs site.
- hackfmt (Experimental): This formating tool uses the full fidelity parser to reformat your hack code.
- Extension API is now versioned by the HHVM_VERSION_BRANCH, rather than a never updated API version
- Added HHI headers for Fact Parse and Watchman extensions
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes